How to update Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (2015) to the Adnroid 7.0 Nougat. Moto X Pure Edition finally gets the Nougat update. Follow this guide to manually install Moto X Pure Edition Nougat OTA on your device right now. The current update is still based on Nougat 7.0 with the latest September Security Patches, fixing the infamous BlueBorne vulnerability. The Build number as tagged with the Moto X Pure Edition Nougat update is NPH25.200-22.
DroidDosh.com makes no guarantees of any kind with regard to any programs, files, drivers or any other materials contained on or downloaded from this site. All such programs, files, drivers and other materials are supplied "as is".
DroidDosh.com disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
DroidDosh.com shall not be held liable for errors contained herein, or lost profits, lost opportunities consequential or incidentals damages incurred as a result of acting on information, or the operations of any software, included in this software site.
- Manually installing the OTA requires your device to be complete stock, which means you should not have any custom recovery, ROM, or root installed on your device. If so, then please return back to stock Marshmallow and then follow this guide.
- The current Marshmallow build installed on your device must be 24.49-18-16.
- Take a backup of your personal data before flashing or installing the firmware on your device. As this helps you to recover the personal data whenever any thing wrong happens.
How to Manually Install Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Nougat OTA
- Download the Motorola Moto X Pure Nougat OTA package:
Blur_Version.24.231.16.clark_retus.retus.en.US.zip (Special thanks to gokart2)
- Connect your phone to the PC in MTP/File Transfer mode and copy the OTA zip to the root (Not in any folder) of the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device and power it down.
- Boot your phone into the Bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until you see the bootloader mode.
- Now, tap on either of the volume keys a few times until you see “Recovery” selected. Then tap on the Power key once to boot into recovery mode.
- The device will not directly enter into stock recovery, you will see an Android bot with no command text on the screen. When you do see this, press and hold the Power button and tap the Volume Up button once.
- Your device should now be in stock recovery.
- Navigating in stock recovery is not operated by touch. You will need to use the Volume keys to highlight an option and select/enter it using the Power button.
- So highlight “apply update from phone storage” or “apply update from SD card” and select it by pressing the Power key.
- You should now be seeing the “Blur_Version.24.231.16.clark_retus.retus.en.US.zip” file selected, so just press the Power button to select it and begin the update process.
- Now, let the update take its course and wait for it to finish. Once it does, select “reboot system now” option.