DroidDosh.com - Android 7.0 Nougat is a really big update for the Galaxy J7 (2016) because it brings a whole new experience and features along with the Samsung Experience UX 8.1. Why do we need to update the firmware? Because by updating the firmware we will get the latest security updates and also new features that previously did not exist. If you have not yet received the Nougat OTA update notification on your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J710F, you can check the availability of the update by going to Settings > About device > Software update and tapping the “Download updates manually” option. Alternatively, you can download the official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware from the link below and install it using Odin. And now on this article I will share the trick about how to update Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F (XSG) from United Arab Emirates to the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
Pre-Requisites Before Update Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F (XSG)
- Download Odin3 v3.12.7 and unzip it
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer
- Backup your apps and data as a precaution. As the new firmware might wipe/rest your phone.
- Go to Settings > Developer options on your Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F and enable USB Debugging
- Ensure that your Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F battery is charged up to more than 70%
- Confirm your phone’s model number
Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device or About phone and tap on it > note the Model number. This guide is focused on Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) model SM-J710F.
- Download and extract the Android Nougat 7.0 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F at the link below.
The latest J710FXXU3BQHE Android Nougat 7.0 firmware is now available for the Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F (XSG).
Install Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
- Switch off your Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F and boot it in Download mode. To do so, turn off your phone and press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot your phone into the Download mode. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key
- When your phone gets into the Download mode, open the Odin folder, right-click the .exe file then choose Run as administrator to launch it
Samsung Kies is not compatible with Odin Samsung. You have to make sure that Kies is not running in your system tray. It is recommended to uninstall Kies before using ODIN.
- Connect your Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F to your computer using the USB cable
- When your Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710F is detected by Odin, the ID:COM port will be highlighted
- Now add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation and wait until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. The first boot takes about 5-8 minutes, you need to wait patiently.