DroidDosh.com - Updating the firmware of Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 can be done by OTA Update or manual update. Why do we need to update the firmware? Because by updating the firmware we will get the latest security updates and also new features that previously did not exist. And now on this article I will share the trick about how to update Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 MetroPCS to the latest Android Nougat firmware.
Pre-Requisites Before Update Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1
- Download Odin3 v3.12.7 and unzip it
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer
- Backup your apps and data as a precaution. As the new firmware might wipe/rest your phone.
- Go to Settings > Developer options on your Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 and enable USB Debugging
- Ensure that your Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 battery is charged up to more than 70%
- Confirm your phone’s model number
Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device or About phone and tap on it > note the Model number. This guide is focused on Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime model SM-J327T1.
- Download and extract the Android Nougat Firmware for Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 at the link below.
The latest J327T1UVU1AQG1 Android Nougat firmware is now available for the Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1.
Update Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 to The Latest Firmware
- Switch off your Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 MetroPCS and boot it in Download mode. To do so, turn off your phone and press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot your phone into the Download mode. Release the keys as soon as you see a blue screen with exclamation sign and press the Volume Up key
- When your phone gets into the Download mode, open the Odin folder, right-click the .exe file then choose Run as administrator to launch it
Samsung Kies is not compatible with Odin Samsung. You have to make sure that Kies is not running in your system tray. It is recommended to uninstall Kies before using ODIN.
- Connect your Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 to your computer using the USB cable
- When your Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 is detected by Odin, the ID:COM port will be highlighted
- Now add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Finally, click the Start button to initiate the installation and wait until the installation completes.
- When the firmware is installed, you will get PASS! message in Odin and your phone will reboot automatically.
- You can now disconnect the USB cable. The first boot takes about 5-8 minutes, you need to wait patiently.