|Image by Google|
Before We Begin
- This method only works on Samsung Galaxy E5 E500H. Your device must be running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Check your device’s model number and Android version in Settings > About device section.
- Check you have the Developer Options unlocked: Menu > Settings > About Device > tap the Build Number seven times.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options so you can connect your E5 device to the computer properly. You can turn the said mode on by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and important media content.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid and power issues during the flashing process.
Disclaimer: Rooting process is highly custom and involves certain risks. Root your Samsung Galaxy will void its warranty. If your device has a Knox counter on the Bootloader, rooting it will trip the counter and you won’t be able to reset Knox after that. In case of any mishap, DroidDosh, Samsung or Chainfire may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re rooting your phone after understanding each and everything, and you’re doing it at your own risk.
- Download and install Samsung USB driver
- Download CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy E5 SM-E500H
- Extract the downloaded .zip file once to get the .tar or .tar.md5 file.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500H on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Now please enter into download mode. To enter into download mode please press and hold "Home+Volume Down+Power", release all the buttons when you get the warning screen on your E5, now press "Vol Up" button to continue. Once done you will be entered into to "Download Mode".
- Now please connect your phone using USB data cable to your computer and open "Odin3 v3.10.7.exe" from the extracted folder. If the connection was successful between the PC and your Galaxy E5 you will get an "added" message in the "Odin" window.
- Once you get an "Added" message click the "AP" button in the Odin and select "CF-AUTO-ROOT-SM-E500H.tar.md5" file.
- Now click "Start" button in the Odin to initiate the rooting procedure. Once completed your Galaxy E5 will restart and it will be rooted.
- If you finally get the "Pass" message in the Odin you can confirm that the procedure was a success.
- Disconnect your device, let it turn on completely and check SuperSu in app drawer once it boots up.
- You can verify root access by installing Root Checker application from Google Play Store.
DroidDosh.com relies on ads and donations to help pay for things like domain. You can help support us by send a little donation via Paypal.